Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Europa.

Today has been the first day ive had a chance to actually sit down and write anything since I left the US! I just got into Ft William, Scotland for the world cup round so its good to be back into a country where people speak english and drive on the correct side of the road!
Last weekend I had the 2nd round of the Downhill World Cup o
n in Andorra which is a tiny country between Spain and France and is basically just built in a valley in the mountains, im pretty sure you could drive everywhere in the country in a day easily its so small.
Anyway after a (not so) lovely couple of flights from America I got on a Bus and made it to the place I was staying at to meet up with Brook MacDonald who is one of the Juniors on the NZ worlds team. Thursday morning I got to walk the track while practice was on and on first inspection I thought it looked like rubbish, it was narrow, slow and one lined and basically just made its way across the side of a hill, definately not a world cup caliber track.
After 2 days of practice I was finally beginning to enjoy the track a bit more and have some fun on it so I was feeling confident I could have a decent result here.
Unfortunately again I ruined my chance of making the finals at another world cup round, this time on the very first corner as I hit it a bit too fast and blew out through the tape losing about 10 seconds, i missed making the top 80 for qualifying by 1 second so I was gutted because I knew I can be consistently up in the top 30 if I stop making mistakes.

Practice for Ft William starts tomorrow at 10 so hopefully this weekend I will ride a bit more sensible and keep together for my runs! this course is long and brutal so it suits me well.

No comments: