Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bromont World Cup DH Report #1

Day one is in the books and it wasn't a very exciting one, I only managed two runs after a big crash onto my head courtesy of clipping my pedal on a tree.
The course here is kind of strange, the top section is really good with some awesome rocky and rooty sections through the trees then it all of a sudden goes really flat with horrible hard pack bermed turns that follows along beside the 4x track then a final big jump out of the woods onto the last jump of the 4x. It goes from awesome to boring really quickly, and its super short, i think it will be under 3 minutes easily.
The 4x looks awesome for once, its over 1 minute long and has some huge jumps, a massive first berm, a rock section and all sorts of other stuff to catch people out on, it should be good racing if it stays dry.
Thats the other thing, in the last 24 hours weve had 3 big thunder storms come through and dump rain so the tracks are so sloppy right now, hopefully it drys out a bit because it was a mess today on the DH.

And on a completely random note I decided I needed some pictures up here for once so I found a couple of racing ones,

This one is from my race run at Ft William this year

And this is a random one of me I found on the BBC website from practice at the World Championships in Rotorua from 2006.

No comments: