Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Nelson Cross Country Series Round 1 Report.

The first round of the Nelson Motorcycle club cross country series kicked off during the weekend at Angelsy's farm near Tapawera. With a bit of last minute preparation over the last couple of weeks consisting of a few training rides on my mountain bike and a couple of days doing moto's. Not ideal but definitely better than nothing!
Its been over a year since I last raced a cross country so I was pretty excited to get it underway but by midway through the race I had remembered how painful racing a motorbike for 3 hours solid is and was ready for it to end!

The races are always started le mans style which is pretty cool because it separates everyone out straight away and with a good sprint I got into a good position straight somewhere around the top 10 which I managed to maintain for the whole race finishing up in 9th overall for the day and 2nd in the 0-300cc four stroke class.
I'm stoked to pull off a good result from barely riding and getting some severe arm pump over the first couple of laps, the next round is 6 weeks away so iv'e got a bit more time to prepare and hopefully come out swinging.

No comments: