Friday, April 13, 2012

Filming for "This is New Zealand"

Some of you may have seen bits and pieces about the New Zealand MTB documentary that is in the works called "This is New Zealand" which is being produced by two young guys out of Christchurch. Hamish one of the guys behind it got in touch with me a few months ago giving me a run down on their ideas and asking if I wanted to film a section for the movie in Nelson which I immediately said yes to because it sounded like the perfect chance to show off what Nelson has to offer.
I wanted to get a bit of variety in my section so we spent one morning shooting some of the local trails that I use to train on my trail bike, there is a big network of MTB trail's about 10 minutes ride from my house and we managed to get a lot of cool footage there with some interesting shots off the back of my ute!

The bulk of my downhill riding was shot on Fringe Hill on the National Champs track, I hadn't been riding there since National Champs but it didn't long to get back into it and have some fun.


We also spent a day out on the Ben Nevis downhill tracks just out of Nelson shooting Reuben's section and also some stuff riding together for the transitional period between our sections in the film.

No comments: